Remember that one morning rush when suddenly the tap and shower would not work? Those were the times you regretted not having your pipes and taps checked, right? Plumbing is one of the features of your house that is always being overlooked because mainly, you could not see it in plain view.
Sometimes you need to have your house plumbing checked not just for leaks but also for regular cleaning and general maintenance. The problem is: do you know when to have your plumbing checked?
How Often Do I Need Drain Cleaning?
We’ve written a number of blogs in the past on the benefits of drain cleaning, but there is a balance to be struck when it comes to maintaining your drains. Scheduling drain cleaning services too often is at best a waste of money, and at worst can actually damage your drains depending on the type of method used. If you want to make sure that your drains remain in good shape, it’s a good idea to keep an eye out for certain signs that they need cleaning. Let’s take a look at those signs now.
When you get an occasional drain clog, you may use off-the-shelf cleaners to get rid of it. We don’t recommend that, as store bought cleaners tend to be incredibly corrosive to plumbing pipes. If you’re getting frequent clogs, though, it’s an indication that you probably have a level of waste built up in the pipes that cannot be removed without professional services. Call for drain cleaning services if you notice this.
The more waste builds up on the walls of your drain pipes, the greater the likelihood that it will start to smell. If you have bad smells coming out of your drains, it’s a sign that you probably have advanced waste buildup in your pipes. If you have this problem with multiple drains, though, the issue might be located further down in your sewer system.
Before a clog actually occurs, the waste buildup will restrict the flow of water through your drains. If you notice that your drain is draining more slowly than it normally does, you should call for drain cleaning services. The sooner you get your drains cleaned, the more clogs you can prevent.
Want to have your plumbing checked now? We have just the right plumbing company for you! Emergency Plumbers Chicago is one of the best plumbing companies servicing Chicagoland. They can do general repairs, maintenance, residential and commercial plumbing, kitchen and bathroom remodeling and what’s more, they offer all these 24/7!
No need to wait for plumbers until the next day and go to the office without a shower. Emergency Plumbers Chicago is just a call away!
However, intelligent consumers also have to know what to look for in a good plumber company and its technicians. Get your checklist below:
First appeared here: (https://www.angieslist.com/articles/6-tips-hiring-plumber.htm)
Hiring a plumber is an important decision. Ask about licensing, insurance, warranties and experience.
Hiring a plumber is an important decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly by homeowners. Plumbers are responsible for repairing some of the most important parts of the home like the toilet, faucet and water heater. Failure to hire a high-quality or experienced plumber can result in costly and dangerous repairs in the future.
Consider the following tips before hiring a plumber:
1. Licensure – Most states require plumbers to hold a license, though a couple of states like New York and Kansas do not. If your state does not require licensing, check to see if there have been any formal complaints filed against the plumber you are considering.
2. Insurance – Plumbers should be insured. In some cases, they may also need to be bonded as well. Insurance will protect both you and the plumber in case of an injury or accident.
3. Length of time in business – Ask the plumber how long he or she has been in business. A larger company will likely have plumbers with years of experience, but you should still ask. It’s a good sign if the company has been in business for several years because it often means it has a proven track record of quality work.
4. Pricing – The plumber will know what he or she needs to do and will be able to give an accurate estimate, barring of course, any other major problems. Make sure to get at least three estimates, and be wary of any estimate that is much lower than the others. It could mean the plumber is cutting corners or plans to use inferior parts.
5. Warranty – All plumbers should guarantee their work, including the parts. Many warranties cover the plumber’s work for up to one year. If the plumber refuses to guarantee his or her work, move on.
6. References – Plumbers who have been in business any length of time can and will give you references. If they cannot, or will not, then consider looking elsewhere. Talking with past customers is one of the best ways to accurately gauge the quality of the plumber’s work.
You’ll be happy to know that you’ve got all the boxes checked when you let Emergency Plumbers Chicago handle your plumbing issues! No need to worry anymore; they are one call away! Looking for a Chicago Plumber, call us we can help!Call (773) 770-4811 to request a free estimate!